Monday, May 02, 2011

Me preaching to myself.. -strengthening myself in the Lord

Im in a sensitive mode.. and usually during this time i would chuck a pity party for myself.. dwell in negativity... but today is different! i will try to ACT what i hear...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


in all circumstances... it is all good! God will not give me something that is bad for me... circumstances that seems to be bad for me... its just my perspective... my senses feel it bad.. my soul thinks its bad... but God's word say that EVERYTHING works for the GOOD! .. i know its just You letting all that happened to process me to be a better person so that i could live life according to Your purpose not mine..

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. - Eph 3:16-19

Thank you pastor Kong for reminding me this... God's love is just amazing, awesome, beyond measure, surpasses knowledge, no words can fathom.. But the width of God's love [His Acceptance], the length of God's love [His Faithfulness], the Height of God's love [His nobility], and the depth of God's love [I would like to call this... His humanity, who feels what I feel]... all His love.. is for me! My God is with me.. eternally!

as Paul said...in Phil 3:8 ~ What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ

if God is willing to leave His majestic throne to save my life.. He died in the most uncool + shameful way for the world.. you and me... what else could i ask for? what is this life for? if its not for you... if its not for me and my flesh to die.. and bring this shattered heart for Jesus.. what else would this life for?

this life is just a temporary... but in this temporary place.. God wants me to bring impact to the world.. a purpose to do.. a mission to accomplish... my purpose + mission is starting with me obeying His command.. though my body + soul wants to go to.. longs to be with someone I am not meant to.. my first step is to o b e y + s u r r e n d e r

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” - Hebrews 11:6

I have to keep up my faith..! what is faith?

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for. Hebrews 11:1

God says i have Hope in Him.. He has a plan for my future.. I gotta believe in what He said! though i cant see it now.. i need to keep on Hoping in God! keep my faith in Him.. coz He is faithful!


Paul said...It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

it is for freedom.. what is freedom for me??

I am like a children... when my parents says im free i would think i can eat as much yummy food i want... i can eat junk.. sugar.. not exercise..liquid brown gold (chocolate).. cold gold (ice cream) have a full access of unlimited goodness...i am free to follow what i feel like doing..(fleshly life) but in the end my freedom will bring me to sickness + obesity +unhealthy life + a materialistic life + depression.. and the list go on...

So lets have a look on the freedom that God offer us..
God is our Father... He basically is like our parents... when our parents told us not to have too much candy or kfc, not to play with fire, to sleep earlier, not to play games too much, to study [restriction a.k.a not freedom a.k.a as a kid we would think NOT COOL, not fun, and at times its hard] but now that i am bigger.. i know the purpose of those things is for me.. my protection.. and to let His plan in my life works!

the restriction God ask me to do.. most times makes me feel lonely like im walking by myself...
but again this is just a matter of perspective.. when my soul is focusing on my body instead of the spirit the more depressed i would be... but when i re-remember God's love with me.. i am transforming my mind like it says in Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. I am re-focusing my mind to Christ! when i transform my mind.. when i learn to let my soul focus more on my spirit.. my body will follow what my soul focusing on..

I am remembering God's goodness.. where im going is where God wants me to go.. so be strong girl! its good when its lonely... coz you can depend more on God..

Thank U God.. with Your words.. it all feels better too...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice jul :)